Welcome to our official Town website.
The Starks Town Office is located in the
Starks Community Center
57 Anson Road, Maine 04911
Town Office Hours:
- Monday: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- First Saturday of each month: 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Closed on holidays
Clerk and Tax Collector, Jenn Zweig Hebert: all of the above office hours.
Treasurer, Erin Norton: Wednesdays between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Code Enforcement Officer/Plumbing Inspector, Leo Mayo: First and third Wednesdays of month 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The Starks Library is open all of the above hours.
Facts about Starks:
- Located in Somerset County, Maine, 04911
- Latitude/Longitude: 44°43′42″North 69°56′26″West (At the Community Center)
- Size: 32.13 square miles (83.22 km2)
- Population (2012 Census estimate): 640
- Date of Incorporation: 1795
- Type of Government: Town Meeting (2nd Saturday of March) and 3-member Board of Selectmen
- Fiscal Year: calendar year
- For more information see Planning Profile of Starks at KVCOG
The Vision for 2022…
- A Year-round population of about 700.
- More people working in town (home occupations and local businesses)
- Enhanced rural character with extensive farms and forests
- Appreciation for history and archaeology
- Economic activity, especially farms, local foods and goods, with notable collaboration and integration
- Unique natural features and exceptional vistas valued, protected, and promoted
- A vibrant Village with services, businesses, town activities, recreation, and scenic locations
- A thriving local culture - arts, learning, volunteerism, and community spirit
- A great community for families, children, and elders to live and thrive